How to get in the Upcoming Events newsletter
Upcoming Events is an automated weekly newsletter emailed to the university community on Monday morning that includes the next two weeks of events from the University Events Calendar. It is recommended to submit the event at least three weeks prior to the event date for maximum exposure. (Student Events can be submitted in Engaged) This allows time for you to verify publication of the event on the University Events Calendar, and lists the event in up to two weekly newsletters. Events that have not been approved* and published to the calendar by Friday afternoon will not be included in the newsletter on Monday morning.
Events requests must include:
- Location (please be as specific as possible)
Note: Rooms must be reserved in 25Live.
- Description of event
- Event Type (use pull-down menu to select closest match)
- Sponsor (use pull-down menu to select closest match; include additional specifics in description field if there is no close match)
You should also include:
- Logo, photo, other image to accompany entry
- The Events Calendar entry form includes space to hyperlink to a website and Facebook event pages. Feel free to enter this information.
- If your event has a hashtag, consider including it in the description field.
- Contact information (ie, email address, phone number) in case reader has questions