How to use Cisco AnyConnect
VPN Services are only available to Faculty, Staff and certain sponsored accounts.
You can only accessfrom off-campus networks.
Before you begin
- It is assumed that you have already self-enrolled for Multi-Factor Authorization. You should have your mobile phone nearby and ready to complete the login process.
- Cisco AnyConnect is only supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and current Microsoft versions of Windows 10 x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit)
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 and 10.14
Installing and connecting
- In a web browser, go to https://vpn.bryant.edu (only accessible on off-campus networks).
- On the login page, for Group select xBryantMF.
- Enter your Bryant Account username and password.
- Click Login.
- Depending on your chosen option selected during the Self-Enrollment for MFA, a notification will come in the form of a phone call, text message, or on the MFA app on your smartphone. You will have a limited amount of time to respond to this message before you login fails.
- If successful, you will be forwarded AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client page for Download and Install page. On this page you can click on the Instructions link for a visual walk-through of these instructions.
- Click Download to save the installation package.
- Locate and open the downloaded install package.
- Click Next on the Welcome to the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Wizard screen.
- Agree to the Software License Agreement and click Next.
- If you already have a version of the client installed, you will be asked to close it if it's running. Follow the prompts to continue with the installation. Otherwise click Install to begin installation.
- If prompted with You must have elevated privileges to install Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, choose Yes to proceed.
- Click Finish on the successful installation screen.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Client from the Windows Start menu.
- In the connection window that appears, click Connect.