Mathematics Placement Test
Placement tests are managed in the Blackboard system. You will need to setup your Bryant Account and email before proceeding.
All entering students are required to complete a Placement Question and the Mathematics Placement Test . The results of the test will be used along with your SAT or ACT scores (if you have taken the SAT or ACT) and your high school classes and grades to place you in the Math class best suited to help you succeed. If you are taking an AP Calculus test, please send your scores to Bryant and still take the Placement Survey and complete the Placement Test. Please be sure to carefully follow the directions for taking the survey and placement test. This will ensure that we get the best measure of which class you should be placed in. There is no advantage to being misplaced as all sections get the same credit. Your test will be securely saved on Bryant’s campus server. Below you will find instructions for accessing and completing the test.
What do you need to take the test?
You will need a stable internet connection. Please make every effort to use high-speed internet access. If you have any problems with your password, visit http://laptop.bryant.edu/newstudents for more instructions. If you have questions regarding the math placement test, please email email@example.com.
You will need paper and pencil to do your calculations. Please do not use a calculator for the test. Remember, we are trying to assess your proper placement so it is important that you follow this direction.
Steps to enroll and take the online placement test
- If you haven't done so already, you'll need to setup your Bryant Account - see Get Started for Students.
- Using your Bryant Account credentials, Login to Blackboard Learn.
- Click on the Courses tab.
- Click on the Course Catalog icon in the upper right of the screen.
- In the search box, type Math Placement and then click the Go button.
- Find the Course ID for the math test you need to take.
- In that row, click on the Expand button and then click Enroll.
- Click Submit.
- At this point, you are enrolled. Click on the OK button on the bottom right of the screen.
This is the placement test site. In the left-hand column, site navigation buttons will display site contents. If you exit the site and return to the Blackboard System later, you will still be enrolled and can just click on the Placement Test to re-enter the site.
To start taking the placement survey, click on the Placement Question button which is located in the left hand column directly above the button labeled “Take Test Here”. Submit the question when it is completed.
You will not be able to see the Math Placement Test until you have completed the Placement Question.
Take the practice test
- Click the Sample Test button.
- Click the Sample Test link on the left side to start.
- A pop-up window will appear to confirm test taking.
- Click OK to start.
- Click the corresponding button to answer the question. If you change your mind, you may change the choice by clicking another button.
When you finish your test, save your answers by clicking the Save button then click the Submit button to submit your answers.
- Another pop-up window will appear to ask for confirmation. Click OK if you are ready. If not, click Cancel to go back to the test.
- A receipt will be displayed to confirm your submission.
You may practice the sample test as many times as you like until you are comfortable with the online format.
Taking the online math placement test
The steps for taking the placement test are exactly the same as those you have practiced with the sample test, except:
- You may take the test only once.
- Previewing is not allowed.
When you are ready, you may start the test by clicking on the Take Test Here button. Follow the same steps for taking the Sample Test. Again, please note that you will not be able to see the Math Placement Test until you have completed the Placement Question.
If you forgot your password, go to mail.bryant.edu, type in your email address, click next, and then click forgot password.