Bryant's preferred instant messaging platform is Skype for Business, part of the Office 365 platform. Skype for Business is integrated into Outlook online. Other options include Hangouts Chat, part of Bryant's G Suite service.
Skype for Business
- Traditional real-time chat with photo sharing, messages and emoticons.
- Seamlessly integrated with with Outlook online.
- Provides user status.
Microsoft Teams is the planned replacement for Skype for Business. You can read more about Microsoft Teams under Conferencing services.
- Use on the web or any device.
- Deeply integrated into other G Suite services.
- Easily upload from Google Docs, Sheets or Slides.
- Only available to faculty and staff using Bryant Telephony services.
- Integrates with Cisco Unified Communications service.
Faculty, Staff and Students
What to Expect
- Services available 24/7/365
- Skype - see Microsoft's Service Level Agreement for Online Services
- Hangouts Chat - see the G Suite Service Level Agreement
- Jabber - see Telephony Services
No request is necessary for using these services. Both Skype for Business and Hangouts Chat are enabled for Faculty, Staff and Students on their respective platforms.