Digital Signage Guidelines
Ads/Videos are run according to the regulations below. Please read through this page to get a better understanding of Ads. For more specific information, please read through the sub-pages that relate to the type of ad you would like to submit.For more information on how to make an Ad, visit our Create an Ad section.
All Bryant Ads/Videos:
- Only Bryant Recognized Student Organizations (RSOs) and University offices are allowed to display ads.
- There is no charge for this service to Bryant RSOs and University offices.
- Requests will be taken on a first come, first served basis and scheduled based on availability.
- The ad MUST be submitted at least five (5) business days prior to the preferred posting date. If advertisement is not received by the deadline, it is possible your ad may not run.
- Ads may run for the maximum of ten (10) days but may not run past the event date.
- Bryant recognized student organizations must submit the static ad (750 characters maximum) or dynamic ad that they wish to display.
- Video content may not be longer than 20 seconds.
- Video content containing any speaking or narration must also have closed captions embedded in the video.
- Bryant reserves the right to deny any request for display or remove or refuse any ad that does not adhere to the guidelines or is deemed inappropriate. Bryant will notify the submitter so that, if possible they may change and resubmit the ad.
Ads/Videos should not contain:
- false or misleading statements or visual/verbal exaggerations.
- testimonials that do not reflect the real opinion of the individual(s) involved;
- price claims that are misleading;
- claims insufficiently supported or that distort the true meaning or practicable application of statements made by professional or scientific authority;
- statements, suggestions, or pictures offensive to public decency or minority segments of the population
- personal announcements (i.e. birthday greetings, shout-outs to friends, etc.)
- any inappropriate material, including but not limited to promotions of alcohol and tobacco consumption, pornographic displays, nudity, etc.
Content presented on digital signage should not:
- infringe the legal rights, including copyrights, rights of privacy and publicity of others;
- cause any damage or disadvantage to others;
- disturb public order;
- reflect a criminal act;
- present or distribute any third parties private information without obtaining approval from such third parties;
- disgrace others;
- defame or libel others;
- offer digital files for access or download that contain viruses or corrupted files that may damage the operation of others computers;
Criteria for Groups Advertising on Ads:
- Bryant RSOs and University offices are eligible to advertise for FREE; advertisements must promote the organization or their event; less than 20% of the advertisement may be dedicated to any non-Bryant organization affiliated with the event or organization in any way; logos of any non-Bryant organization can be no larger than 2″ x 2″ or 144 px by 144px; and
- advertisements may contain sound if there is dialogue or purpose for sound other than background music. Bryant reserves the right to mute any sound as it deems appropriate.
This website is made available to the university community for the sole purpose of announcing and advertising events and activities to the university community in accord with university policy. Specifically prohibited are 1) unlawful language and images and 2) announcements or advertisements promoting unlawful conduct. Adapted from the American Association of Advertising Agencies (AAAA)