Unified Communications Guide
See How to Use IP Phone.
See How to Use Voicemail.
There is no additional charge to you or your department for this feature.
- RightFax is an application for creating, sending, and managing outgoing faxes directly from your desktop computer.
- Receive your faxes in your email inbox.
- Save money by reducing paper, phone lines, modems, stand-alone fax machines and related supplies.
- You will be able to fax an electronic document without the hassle of printing out a hardcopy, walking it to a fax machine, dialing a fax number, and waiting for a confirmation sheet.
- You will receive your own personal fax number and your faxes will be sent directly to your Bryant email inbox as a PDF attachment.
- You will be able to send faxes from your Bryant University computer with your own personal fax number, no fax machine required. It’s as simple as printing a document!(Please keep in mind, if you have a piece of paper that needs to be faxed rather than a document on your computer, you would need to scan it.)
Would you like to have the ability to IM with your co-workers and see if they are available or busy before trying to contact them?
Cisco Jabber offers streamlined communications from your computer.
- Instant messaging (IM)
- Availability icons show if co-workers are available or busy before trying to contact them.
- Video calls (provided that you and the other Bryant employee has Jabber and a webcam)
- Softphone – make phone calls using your computer with a headset.
- Listen to your voicemail on your computer.
- Control your Cisco IP Phone at your desk.
- Click to call from Outlook contacts or email without having to dial telephone numbers.
- Receive pop-up notifications of incoming calls with caller ID.
- Accept an incoming call or send the call to voicemail with a simple click of your mouse.
Did you know that there is more than one way to find the extension of a Bryant employee?
If you have Jabber installed (see above) you can type the person's name in the search bar.
GAL (Global Address List)
In Outlook you can search for a person by name or department using the Search People box, or use the Address Book to view the Global Address List. The Address Book shows all Bryant employees and students listed alphabetically by First Name, Last Name.
Nuance Automated Directory
The Nuance directory is an automated system that allows you to speak the name of the faculty, staff member, or department you are trying to reach.
To use this system:
- On campus, dial 6600.
- Off campus, dial 401-531-6600.
Speak the name of the faculty, staff member, or department you wish to reach - OR - dial the extension if you know the person's number, this is helpful for 5 digit extensions when calling from off campus.
The automated system will search the database and announce the name that most closely matches what it heard. If the name is correct, just hold the line. The automated system will announce the extension and then transfer your call to the extension.
Faculty and Staff
Campus Technology Services
2nd Floor Unistructure - Rotunda
Walk-in, Email and Phone Support
Monday - Friday
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Please email or phone to make appointment:
Appointment, Email and Phone Support
Monday - Friday
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM